Charleston, W. Va. Experience musical talent and creativity in a unique, relaxed atmosphere in the Clay Center’s Woody Hawley Concert Series. Single tickets and season packages are on sale now.
The 2012-2013 series features celebrated singer-songwriters in an intimate, cabaret-style setting in the Clay Center’s Walker Theater, unless otherwise noted. All shows take place on Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. Guests should use the Walker Theater entrance for all shows. The line-up includes:
• Jim Hurst, Oct. 6, 2012 – Savvy guitar picking and impeccable vocal range define this artist who steps beyond the musical boundaries of bluegrass and country to create his own unique style.
• Rob Carlson, Nov. 3, 2012 – Enjoy an evening of music, entertainment and laughter with a prolific, critically-acclaimed songwriter.
• Michael Johnson, Jan. 5, 2013 – With a style steeped heavily in pop, country and folk, this singer-songwriter will captivate audiences with his smooth, baritone voice and intricate guitar playing.
• Kristy Jackson, Feb. 2, 2013 – Hear blues, jazz, rock and country in a truly powerful and moving performance by this accomplished keyboard player and vocalist.
• Cheryl Wheeler, March 9, 2013, On-stage event in Maier Foundation Performance Hall – Be mesmerized by the beautiful voice and soulful harmonies of this natural story teller with an eclectic sense of humor.
• Jonathan Edwards, April 6, 2013 – Don’t miss an entertaining night of witty storytelling and uplifting folk music with a live performance from this colorful guitarist and harmonica player.
• Special Series Finale - Peter Yarrow, May 11, 2013, On-stage event in Maier Foundation Performance Hall – Experience the magic and nostalgia of this former member of iconic folk trio Peter, Paul and Mary as he ends the Woody Hawley season with one unforgettable performance.
The 2012-2013 Woody Hawley Concert Series is sponsored by Atkinson & Polak, PLLC. Series subscriptions are $115. Single tickets are $18 for all season shows and $20 for the Peter Yarrow series finale. Call 304-561-3570 or visit www.theclaycenter.org for more information.